1/16 R/C British Battle Tank Centurion Mk.III Full-Option Kit
Tamiya is delighted to announce that our 1/16 R/C tank series welcomes a new addition – this time, the Centurion Mk. III.
The Centurion was developed as a heavy cruiser tank to counter the powerful German Army’s tanks in the 1942 during the WWII. The Mk. III was perhaps the most polished Centurion variant, equipped with the L/66.7 20 pounder long barrel gun. It was deployed in the Korean War in 1950, and showed off overwhelming strength which saved the Allied forces from crisis many times.
The production reached about 2,800 between 1948 and 1956. After the Korean War, the Mk. III were deployed in European countries but also other areas such as India, Israel, and Egypt with their formidable force.
About the model
• This is a 1/16 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length 603mm, width: 214mm, height: 187mm.
• The powerful form is captured in style with realistic depictions of cast surface patterns and weld lines.
• Control Unit uses 4 channels to control forward/back movement, sharp and pivot turning at any speed. Gun elevation, recoil and turret rotation can also be controlled. Engine sounds are synchronized with model speed, while main gun and machine gun firing are realistically accompanied by lights and sound (facilitated by DMD Multi Function Unit).
• Comes with Type 380 motors (x2, running), type 130 motor (x1,turret) and TSU-03 servos (x2, gun elevation and recoil).
• Gun barrel and chassis are aluminum, and suspension arms and drive sprockets are die-cast.
• Realistic motion is enhanced by movable Horstmann suspension, while tracks come pre-assembled.
• The hatch detachable by a magnet allows easy replacement of battery.
• Compatible with Item 53447 (Battle System (For 1/16 Scale Tanks)) to give the battle mode.