1/350 Japanese Heavy Cruiser Mogami
Packing Ten 20.3cm Guns
The Mogami-class was designed in 1931 as 8,500-ton light cruisers armed with five triple 15.5cm gun turrets, and the lead ship of the class, the Mogami, was completed in July 1935.
She was rearmed with twin 20.3cm gun turrets in 1939 and it was in this configuration that she entered the war. She and her three sister ships formed the Japanese Second Fleets's Cruiser Division 7 and were assigned to support the landings at Malaya. During the Battle of Sunda Strait in March 1942, Mogami and her sister ship Mikuma sank the heavy cruiser USS Houston and light cruiser HMAS Perth.
Following extensive damage suffered at the Battle of Midway, her stern was dramatically modified to carry reconnaissance floatplanes in an effort to enhance the fleet's scouting capabilities. She took part in the Battle of Leyte Gulf in October 1944, where she was severely damaged by U.S. carrier aircraft and had to be scuttled by friendly forces.
About the Model
- 1/350 scale plastic assembly kit of the Japanese Heavy Cruiser Mogami. Length: 573mm, Beam: 76mm.
- The ship's hull separates into port and starboard parts and the one-piece lower hull helps to produce the form of the beautiful bow.
- Large parts depicting the ship's hull and deck are secured with screws, allowing you to accurately build the model.
- Main and secondary battery turrets, torpedo launchers, and catapult are moveable after completion of the model.
- Strong ABS resin parts used to depict fore and aft masts.
- Bridge windows and searchlight lenses are reproduced with clear plastic parts.
- Anti-aircraft guns have rich details.
- Parts for Mitsubishi F1M (x2), Aichi E13A (x4) aircraft, together with a stand to enable in-flight display, are also included.
- Full hull model display stand included.
- Metal parts depict anchor chains and propeller shafts