1/16 U.S. Airborne Tank M551 Sheridan (Display Model)
The unique M551 Sheridan makes a new appearance as a 1/16 scale static display model. The actual Sheridan began development in 1959 and would go on to serve in major conflicts such as the Vietnam and Gulf Wars.
It was a lightweight, airliftable vehicle that contributed to the more mobile U.S. forces that were necessary as America took on a more major global security role in the post-WW2 years. This model uses components from the recently-announced R/C model, for a highly detailed finish.
About the Model
• This is a 1/16 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 408mm, width: 177mm, height: 186mm (including gun shield).
• The powerful form of the Sheridan with 152mm gun/launcher is recreated in excellent detail.
• Features a precision aluminum gun barrel, plus other metal components including lower hull, drive sprockets, coil-sprung suspension arms and more.
• Pre-assembled resin tracks offer wonderful detail, and have soft resin depictions of rubber pads.
• Soft photo-etched metal parts are included to recreate the anti-RPG net often seen as an impromptu addition to Sheridans deployed in Vietnam.