1/35 German Heavy Self-Propelled Howitzer Hummel (Late Production)
Here comes the Hummel! This German WWII self-propelled gun – whose name translates to “bumblebee” – now joins the 1/35 Military Miniature Series.
The Hummel was designed to fulfil demand for mobile artillery support for German tank units. Based upon the Geschützwagen III/IV (also used on the Nashorn), it sported an L/30 15cm howitzer and open top fighting compartment.
Hummels were designed in 1942 and debuted on the Eastern Front in 1943; they were also seen in North-West Europe and Italy in the latter half of WWII.
About the Model
• This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit.
• Our designers studied Hummels at no less than 3 locations to bring about this highly accurate kit in Tamiya 1/35 for the first time!
• Features completely new molded parts for upper hull, fighting compartment, gun, and more (lower hull and road wheels are those from the Nashorn kit (Item 35335)).
• Late production tracks are depicted with assembly parts using one-piece straight sections, offering highly
realistic depictions of upper run "sag."
• Comes with a host of accessories, recreating rounds, cases and more.
• 3 brand new figures capture a Hummel crew in the middle of loading, with one figure in kneeling pose.
• Comes with 2 marking options.
• A separately sold metal gun barrel detail-up parts product is going on sale to raise the realism even further!